The Norwich Print Fair Application Guidelines
The Norwich Print Fair is an annual exhibition which takes place for two weeks every September at St Margaret’s Church, Norwich.
The aim of the Fair is to showcase high quality original prints.
Selection is by The Norwich Print Fair Committee and takes place in early February each year. Those printmakers interested in exhibiting are encouraged to make an expression of interest by January 31st.
Here are a few things you should know before applying.
- Any printmaker who produces hand-made prints and lives in Norfolk or Suffolk is welcome to apply.
- The Norwich Print Fair does not accept work that is printed via digital or fully automated means, i.e. any print that is not “hand pressed/pulled/screenprinted”.
- The fee is approximately £85 for a space measuring between 7 and 8 foot wide. Payment in full is required along with your acceptance of any offer to secure a place. There are some smaller spaces (for an adjusted fee) for smaller work, so the Committee needs to know the printing process and sizes to which you work.
- There is no commission on work sold, although a small fee for processing credit card payments may be taken.
- You must hang and take down your own work. The Fair is hung on the Sunday before the exhibition and all work must be taken away at the end of the final Saturday.
- It is a condition of acceptance that you agree to take part in the weekday invigilation of the Fair (generally amounting to two half day sessions) and attend in full the two Open Portfolio Saturdays.
- It is also a condition of acceptance that you supply two copies of a mini print towards The Norwich Print Fair annual raffle (based on the specification provided).
- For a small one off fee of £11.50 you get the opportunity to be included on The Norwich Print Fair’s website.
To apply you can either:
- Email up to six jpegs of your work to Jo Stafford email@example.com
- If you can only post your work (good quality photographs / inkjet prints or as jpegs on CD) then please ask us for contact details of where to send. If you would like posted images returned, please include a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Please remember to provide:
- The title, print process, and image size
- Your contact details.
- Any other information you would like us to know such as your CV or artists statement as well as any recent exhibitions you have been involved with.
The Norwich Print Fair Committee meet in early February to consider all applications received. A letter of invitation or rejection will be sent out by the first week of March.
Please note, we always have many more applicants than places available, so difficult decisions have to be made.